Court sentences 6 convicts to death in Sri Lankan civil murder case


Anti-terrorism court rules in Sri Lanka's Priyantha Kumara murder case

An anti-terrorism court has sentenced six convicts to death in the case of Priyantha Kumar, a Sri Lankan man killed by a mob in Sialkot.

An anti-terrorism court has sentenced seven convicts to life in prison in a Sri Lankan murder case, while 76 convicts have been sentenced to two years in prison. The perpetrators were indicted on March 12. The Lahore Anti-Terrorism Court completed the trial of the case in Kot Lakhpat Jail.

Also, read Shocking revelations in the postmortem report of a Sri Lankan citizen

According to details, Judge Natasha Naseem of Gujranwala Anti-Terrorism Court handed down the verdict in the case of the killing and burning of Sri Lankan citizen Priyantha Kumar in Sialkot tragedy in Kot Lakhpat Jail.

Timur, Abdul Rahman, Mohammad Irshad, Ali Hasnain, Abu Talha, and Mohammad Hameer were sentenced to death twice. The perpetrators were also ordered to pay Rs 2 lakh and a fine to the heirs of the slain.

The court sentenced Ali Asghar to a total of 13 years imprisonment, 15 accused were sentenced to a total of 8 years imprisonment while 57 accused were sentenced to a total of 6 years imprisonment.

The trial of the case started on March 4 and was completed on April 18. The statements of 39 witnesses against 89 accused were recorded.

Not a single accused was named in the FIR, all the accused were named in the appendix, footage from 10 CCTV cameras was part of the challan, videos from 55 accused's mobile phones were also part of the record.

On March 5, all the accused were provided with copies of the challan. On March 12, the court indicted the accused.

Case background

Initially, more than 120 people were arrested in connection with the murder of a Sri Lankan citizen, but an anti-terrorism court indicted 89 suspects in the Sialkot tragedy. During the trial, the defendants denied the allegations and decided to defend the case.

Last year, Priyantha Kumara, the Sri Lankan manager of a sports garment factory in Sialkot, was attacked by factory workers for allegedly removing religious posters.

The Sri Lankan manager at the factory, Priyantha Kumara, was beaten by an angry mob and thrown down from the roof of the factory.

Later, Maulana Tahir Ashrafi, the former prime minister's special envoy, announced that Priyantha Kumara had been replaced by another Sri Lankan at the Sialkot factory.

Post a Comment

* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !